Bing and Gröndahl Porcelain
The Porcelain Factory of Bing&Gröndahl was founded 15.04.1853 in Copenhagen Denmark. The founders were the sculptor Frederic Vilhelm Gröndahl and the merchant brothers Meyer Hermann and Jacob Hermann Bing.
The company soon got in competion to Royal Copenhagen and was one of the leading porcelain companies in the Art Nouveau in Europe.
- The Seagull Service by Fanny Garde
- The Heron Service by Pietro Krohn
- The first Christmas plate in 1895 by Augst Hallin
- Various successful exhibitions during the Art Nouveau Period
Since 1987 merges with the former Competitor Royal Copenhagen
Famous artists for B&G: Pietro Krohn (artistic director 1885-1905), Effie Hegermann-Lindencrone, Fanny Garde, Peter Dahl Jensen, Peter Kofoed and Elisabeth Drewes-Kofoed, Siegfried and Olga Wagner, F.A. Hallin and many others.
Copyright © All Rights Reserved 2016